Auxiliary RCA audio input for select 1998-2007 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles.
PIE frdn-aux Our Discount Price $69.50
Satisfaction Guarantee 30 day returns on this item
Auxiliary RCA audio input for select 1998-2007 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles. Radio must have external CD changer capabilities. Not compatible with factory external CD changer present. (Takes place of changer) Not compatible with factory satellite present. Not compatible with factory navigation radios. Not compatible with factory RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) present. Connects to 20-pin connector at headunit. If the 2001-2002 Villager is equipped with factory video system use PIE Part # FRDW-AUX. (Factory pre-wire found in lower back section of radio dash console)
The FRDN-AUX will convert the
CD changer port of any listed Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle (see application
guide) with the factory 20-pin connector and CD changer control to an auxiliary
NOTE: For proper operation of the FRDN-AUX, the factory CD changer, if present,
will need to be disconnected from the factory harness.
· Compatible with Pioneer Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System
(GEX-FM903XM), when used with PIE Part# PIO/P-RCA.
· Compatible with Sony Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System
(DRN-XM0IR, DRN-XM01C), when used with PIE Part# 3.5-RCA6MM.
CAUTION: Before any
connections are made, P.I.E. strongly recommends that all circuits be verified
with a voltmeter before interfacing with them. P.I.E. also recommends that this
Protocol Converter be installed by a Certified Car Audio Installation
Technician. Always set the parking brake before working on any vehicle.
DO NOT force connectors
together as pin damage may occur. This installation will be flawless if you
take your time making the connections described below. Following the
installation sequence below is critical to ensure proper recognition of the CD
changer by the factory radio.
1. Disconnect the negative
2. Remove the factory radio using Ford radio removal tools.
3. Unplug the factory16-Pin power/speaker connector from the rear of the radio.
4. If the factory 20-Pin CD changer data connector is plugged into the radio,
disconnect it & plug in the BLACK/RED 20-Pin connector of the FRDN-AUX.
Reconnect the factory 20-pin CD changer data connector (if present) into the
mating WHITE 20-Pin connector of the FRDN-AUX. (The factory CD changer, if
present, will need to be disconnected from the factory harness.)
5. Locate the BLACK with GREEN trace wire on the FRDN-AUX and attach it to
ground at the rear of the radio. With the exception of the Windstar, all other
vehicles should have a grounding terminal for use with the supplied slip-on
6. Locate the GRAY with PURPLE trace wire on the FRDN-AUX and attach it to
factory +12VDC Battery Memory source located on the factory 16-pin connector.
See installation diagram for exact location of +12VDC Battery Memory.
7. Plug the factory 16-pin power/speaker connector into the rear of the radio.
8. Connect appropriate length RCA patch cord (not included) between the
FRDN-AUX and auxiliary device.
9. Reinstall the factory radio into the dash.
10. Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
1. With radio on, activate
2. Press "CD" button on radio to gain access to auxiliary audio
3. Display on radio will show CD 1 TRACK 1, and the audio of the auxiliary
device will be heard.
4. Adjust volume level on auxiliary device. (if applicable)