Auxiliary RCA audio input for select 1997-2008 Audi/VW vehicles.
PIE vwr-aux Our Discount Price $69.95
Satisfaction Guarantee 30 day returns on this item
Auxiliary RCA audio input for select 1997-2008 Audi/VW vehicles. Radio must have external CD Changer capabilities. Not compatible with factory external CD changer present. Takes place of changer. Not compatible with factory RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) present. Not compatible with factory satellite present. Not compatible with factory navigation radios. Connects to 8-pin connector at headunit For Audi with Symphony II radio (6-disc in-dash) use along with PIE part # AA3-HAR.
NOTE 1: Not compatible with
2002 double DIN AM/FM/CD/CASS radios.
NOTE 2: Radio must have round "SCAN" button.
The VWR-AUX will convert the CD changer port of any Volkswagen vehicles (listed
on application guide) with the factory 8-pin connector and CD changer control
to an auxiliary input.
· Compatible with Pioneer Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System
(GEX-FM903XM), when using PIE Part # PIO/P-RCA.
· Compatible with Sony Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System
(DRN-XM01R, DRN-XM01C), when used with PIE part # 3.5-RCA6MM.
CAUTION: Before any
connections are made, P.I.E. strongly recommends that all circuits be verified
with a voltmeter before interfacing with them. P.I.E. also recommends that this
Protocol Converter be installed by a Certified Car Audio Installation
Technician. Always set the parking brake before working on any vehicle.
DO NOT force connectors
together as pin damage may occur. This installation will be flawless if you
take your time making the connections described below. Following the
installation sequence below is critical to ensure proper recognition of the CD
changer by the factory radio.
NOTE: VW radios are code
protected. Verify that the code is available before disconnecting the battery.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Remove the VW radio to gain access to the connectors on back of radio.
3. Plug the Blue 8-pin connector of the VWR-AUX into the matting socket of the
radio. (See diagram on reverse) *NOTE: Vehicles that are pre-wired for a CD
changer will need to have the DATA cable removed from the radio in order to
install the BLUE 8-pin connector.
4. Connect the BLACK wire to chassis ground. *NOTE: Premium V radios will need
to also have the BLACK/WHITE wire connected to chassis ground. Premium V radios
are identified by having a "MID" button to the upper left of the
5. Connect appropriate length RCA patch cord (not included) between VWR-AUX and
6. Re-install factory radio.
7. Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
1. With radio on, activate
2. 2. Press "CD" button on radio to gain access to auxiliary audio
3. Display on radio will show CD 1 TRACK 1, and the audio of the auxiliary
device will be heard.
4. Adjust volume levels of auxiliary device. (If applicable)